Classic Customs has moved!
7011 Merritt Ave
Burnaby, BC V5J 4R7
Call to book an appointment: 604-428-4390
Now doing work on both new and classic cars. ICBC claims accepted.
“Dear customers of the Greater Vancouver area,
When we opened up our shop in 2013, we never expected the positive response we had from the Hot Rod community — telling us there hadn’t been a hot rod shop in Vancouver for over 30 years, and that Vancouver had been where it all began in the 1950s.
Since then, we have outgrown our Vancouver location, so after a long search for the perfect building, we’ve found one with 4 points of entry, a downdraft spray booth with a bake cycle, frame machine, and tons of parking in the back, front, and side of the building.
Give me a call to talk about your project or to set up a time to see our new shop.
Classic Customs and Hot Rods services the greater Vancouver area. Do you own a classic car, truck or hot rod that has been sitting around for years just waiting to be built or restored? Have you always wanted a classic car, truck or hot rod but did not know where to go or who to trust? Look no further!
Our passionate staff of seasoned professionals are ready to take on your project, so stop in anytime, take a tour and talk to our experienced management team. Together we can come up with a detailed plan based on your vision for your custom car, truck or hot rod dream.
Why Restore, and not just buy an “already done” Classic Car?
- A large majority of the ‘restored’ collector cars available for purchase were built specifically to be sold for a profit. Rarely are these cars done with the care, quality, or to the depth that they deserved. We’ve seen a number of ‘ground up’ restorations that have had to be completely re-restored in order to get them to the quality level the owner expected when they purchased the car. Low quality products and cutting corners to increase profit is why a lot of these cars have serious problems.
- A restoration controlled by the owner allows quality to be determined not by how much the car will resale for but from those exact specifications from the owner himself. You control the quality start to finish and decide where to focus those labor hours and where to find ways to save. We have found even our driver level restorations are at a quality level far up and above many cars for sale as ‘complete – ground up’ restorations.
Procurement, Any Year, Make, or Model
- You may be hard pressed to find that exact year, make, or model of car you want already restored, especially one restored to the level you desire. If that car isn’t extremely rare the restoration may be even poorer than you might expect once you start to really look at it. We offer a service here at CCHR where we find you that specific vehicle your looking for, qualify it and negotiate the price. This way you will feel secure about your purchase and know you have a qualified person doing the inspection that’s able to pick out the flaws and more importantly notice when not to buy. From start to finish we can help you locate the car of your dreams and restore it to your exact specifications.
Cost, Value & Security
- A well-documented restoration performed by a renowned shop like Classic Customs and Hot Rods will always hold more value than one that’s undocumented or completed by an unknown shop or individual in someone’s back yard. You might think you’re saving money by doing it that way but if that guy screws the job up and you want your money back, good luck with that. In most of those cases there is no warranty! Nothing signed! And sometimes he’s not even there at the same address because he was just renting that spot until the government shut him down for running an illegal business. It’s best to use a licensed and insured facility that has a written warranty!
- The quality of products used, the skill of the restorer, the process documentation and the reputation of the shop can all affect value.
- The cost of a restoration is flexible depending on your specific goals and expectations for the completed restoration. We provide a large number of paths to fit every budget. Whether it’s a muscle car, an antique original car brought back to stock, a 10 second drag car, a modified vintage hot rod, a Rat rod vehicle, a modified low rider truck with air ride suspension or a totally done up one of a kind original custom car, we can restore and built it for you! , Basically we can find, plan and build you your dream classic car of any type make or model.
- If you are already enjoying a collector vehicle, but those years are starting to show. You may want to upgrade components, restore the interior, restore and refinish the exterior, replace some of the trim or have it repaired and polished, or have some other work you need done.
Finding a company that has experience and a history with classic cars is very important when you are deciding to have work done. Restoration companies should be at the top of your list when deciding where to send your car. We have heard a lot of horror stories from owners who sent there classic car to a standard collision repair shop where it not only didn’t get the attention it needed but was basically left in the back of the shop in the corner for when the shop was slow or when they had a new guy that was just learning so he had something to practice on. This is very true!
- When you are in control of the build start to finish you are free to make changes to the car. Add creature comforts like modern air conditioning and heat units to customizations to the suspension system or a factory fuel injected engine are all available to you. What’s great is that there is so much more aftermarket upgrade products available made specifically for many classic cars then there has ever been before!
- The personal connection to a car you receive from actually taking part in a ground up restoration start to finish is something unique. We have been part of some pretty emotional deliveries here including everything up to tears of joy from grown men. We strongly believe that you will find your overall enjoyment and satisfaction with ownership greatly increased.
Why Classic Customs and Hot Rods?
- Honesty, trust, reliability, confidence, creativeness, craftsmanship, knowledge of the trade and very very hard working!!!
- Established in 2013 CCHR has already built and restored from ground up many classic cars.
- Your place in line for any restoration service will never be interrupted for collision repair work.
- The quality and accuracy of our restorations is what we take pride in and enjoy doing.
- We are not bias to any particular brands or models, we welcome American, Canadian, Italian, English, French, German, Asian and other classic vehicles. Basically if it’s a classic car and you have a vision for it and want it restored, customized, modified or custom built; we will work on it, guaranteed!
- We encourage our customers to stop in the shop anytime to see the progress on their vehicles, because we know most of these cars we work on are your babies and you want to make sure they are being looked after and are progressing in the direction you envisioned.
- Located in the Vancouver area on 7011 Merrit Avenue Burnaby BC, one of the last real commercial thoroughfares left in Vancouver where many other automotive companies and up and coming mew businesses call home.
- The 3,500 + square foot facility is set up with all the necessary tools and equipment to build or restore your classic car just the way you envision it.
- We have a sectioned off body working area where we do all our metal straightening, a few bays where we disassemble and assemble vehicles and do sheet metal replacement and rust repair, a Welding area where we do all our fabrication work, a hoist for our mechanical repairs, a welding bench for custom fab work, the assembly area for after the car is finished painting, a polish and detail space and we also have our own in house spray booth where we use state of the art low VOC solvent based paint and clear coat from Matrix, same as the TV show Counts Customs.
- Our doors are always open and we encourage you to call and arrange for a personal tour as well. 604-428-4390
- Our staff are all specialists in specific areas of restoration and some are multi-talented where they know how to do most everything to a very high standard.
- Areas covered: Estimates and Planning, Parts ordering, Metal replacement, Rust repair, Bodywork, Painting, Mechanical, Welding, Assembly, Towing and Reception.
- We employ only the most qualified, well trained, and experienced craftsmen.
- We readily accept new customers from all around Canada and the United States.
- Customers who cannot visit on a regular basis we provide weekly photo and video updates. We take our project documentation and customer communication very seriously. (Be sure to visit our restoration photo gallery on our web site).
- We are located close to international and regional airports.